Community health worker (CHW) instructors provide training to CHWs or other CHW instructors. They know about the role of a CHW, adult education methods, core competencies, and curriculum development. CHW Instructors provide culturally-relevant education on a diversity of health topics.
- Evaluate and implement entry-level proficiency in CHWI skills including understanding and teaching the role of a CHW, effective adult education methods, imparting core competencies and curriculum development.
- Develop and mentor CHWs imparting job readiness and professional skills necessary for employment in the CHW field.
- Define ethics, scope of practice, professional boundaries, conflict resolution, self-care, time management, & skills for giving & receiving constructive feedback.
- Analyze & evaluate health information from public health, behavioral science, evidence-based & cultural perspectives teaching CHWs to use best practices for health promotion.
- Appraise and apply core concepts for CHWs to work effectively with diverse clients and communities, including cultural humility and ecological perspective.